Sunday, January 30, 2011

2011: A Year of Marriages

2011. It was what i thought in 2010. When it was going to come! I thought it was just yesterday when we ushered into 2011 with astronomically high hopes and exponentially powered dreams. Maybe I am dreaming -- day dreaming by the way. But time seems to go so fast too even notice before your eyes, when it feels like spending years to only pass a lonely full moon night remembering someone you lost in the past.

Today is 30th Jan 2011, very close to pass a month into the year. I feel like I have woken up from the middle of a delicious dream only to find myself I am late for work. Maybe you all might have gone through this experience, if you are sort of a lazy person like me. You need to do this and that. You hurry up things because you are already late for work and your boss will be waiting for you in office to have 'some nice words' with you. More late means 'more nice words'. It's unpleasant by the way, right?

For me, being a lazy man, maybe by birth, it happens most of the time. Sometimes, when this happens, it takes only 5 minutes or so from out of bed to taking bath to dressing up. Sometimes you forget brushing your teeth or you avoid doing so intentionally. It's like fast forwarding at 32x in a movie. It's the fastest thing you could in such instance. Everything becomes rolling on its own in fast forwarding pace. I wish I could do like this in all that I do.

I would call this year 2011 as the 'year of marriages'. Because most of my friends are going to be tying their heavily and long-awaited knots to their sweethearts in marriage. So in advance, I wish all of them a happy and joyous married life with some beautiful kids, who knows if some among them becomes Miss World or Mr. Universe or something sort of that in the future. But my friends are insisting on me a lot these days that I should get married this year, but surprisingly less pressure from my parents. It's understandable, there are some pressing issues on hand right now, by the way.

Being a bachelor is a boon in some way. You are absolutely independent. You can do whatever you like, good, bad or otherwise. But once it's gone, you will be like tying to a stationary pole. Being bachelorhood and married are two worlds apart. But anyway I need to get married sooner or later. Sooner the better, my married friends say so. That's how life's supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment