Saturday, August 21, 2010

COMPROMISE?


Today i read something that grabbed my eyeballs. It was an eye opening for me in a long time. Compromise is the word. If I were asked to make one sentence using this word 'compromise', the first and foremost sentence that comes to my mind would be, 'I never compromise'. No surprise that it's coming from a headstrong person like me. Though i am a lot flexible in the way i relate to others. But the bottomline is we don't want to compromise in any way. In other words, we don't want to belittle ourselves before another human being because it's humiliating. Frankly speaking because of my 'uncompromising' stance in the past, i have had break-ups.

'Value compromise. But never compromise your values', was the heading that appeared on TOI. It was a soul searching and soul enriching experience. This is one great truth i wish i had known.

Take an example, even the mighty tree sways a bit, bends down and bows when a fierce and angry wind passes through as if to uproot all that it has, while standing firm. Compromise without compromising your values at core. A simple yet powerful truth.\

No comments:

Post a Comment